15th December 2022 Release 6.3 consists of two new modules plus minor enhancements/updates to two…
Release Notes: Release 5.3
03 August 2020
The following changes are included in Release 5.3 of the modules, which includes a significant amount of work on the underlying code for handling the customisation setting options and defaults, plus more work to move to common code where possible. For the UI work, the settings popup menu and the customisation switch now have popup menus to allow the defaults to be managed – including brand new module-level defaults.
1. All modules now allow right-click on the Andrew Macaulay logo to bring up the settings for the Release Notes functionality and to control the module-specific tooltip-style help.
2. All modules with mid-point or envelope/gate length customisation now allow management of the NEW module-level and existing global default values for these customisations.
3. Micro-Status LED colour options can also have these settings saved as a module-level default.
4. ENV-20 EG2 Envelope now adds a “hard retrigger” option to the retrigger switch (sets back to 0V) in addition to the “soft retrigger” that was already available.
5. Poly Delayed LFO now adds a slope curve option for the Fade stage, variable from exponential to logarithmic.
6. Voltage-Controlled Matrix Mixer and Switch: UX improvement so that the manual switches for each row are now visibly disabled when the switching is in gate mode and their row is connected to a gate source – the buttons did not work previously but you could press them which was confusing. The “All On” button is also disabled when all of these switches are disabled.
1. Use of Voltage Modular parameter storage removing the need for additional configuration files, and enabling the module-level saving and management of global and module-level defaults. This change migrates any settings manually configured by users and then removes the old custom configuration files.
2. Improved BPM sensing and generation working reducing the variance when sensing BPM rates due to sampling/rounding errors and using new DSPs for manual clock/gate creation to avoid/minimise such sample errors. Also improved logic on some modules where different BPM sources are available and could cause a 0BPM situation.
3. Further UI Updates/Enhancements with further work on the UI around tooltips and the settings menu popups/overlays and taking advantage of the popup menus for customisation options.
The following bugs were fixed. In some cases these were identified as part of the development and testing process:
1. Clock Generator: was generating occasional glitches losing steps and similar behaviour, especially in slower modes (Issue #17).
2. Delayed LFO: did not start correctly when loading a preset with the LFO set as BPM-sync’d, needing the LFO Frequency knob to be “touched” to get the speed correct (Issue #16).
3. Poly Delayed LFO: the delay step stopped when the gate was released, moving it immediately to the fade when it should have still been in delay mode – only noticeable with long decay envelopes (Issue #15). Also the “normalise” mode was not working as designed.
4. Matrix Mixer: the VU meter on Row 1 was not working correctly but other rows were working correctly.
5. Sustain Processor: internal gate/sustain signals were not showing on LED indicators (jack connected signals were).
6. Pattern Ratcheter: would skip every other trigger when on clock mode and retriggered during a pattern.
— END —
This Post Has 0 Comments