15th December 2022 Release 6.3 consists of two new modules plus minor enhancements/updates to two…
29 May 2020
The following changes are included in Release 5.1 of the modules, which was released subsequent to the release of Voltage Modular 2.
There are a number of modules where functional enhancements have been made, using some of the new capabilities in Voltage Modular 2:
1. Default Inputs from I/O Panel have been implemented in a number of modules, for example: GATE input on the Micro Envelope, Micro Envelope VCA and ENV20-EG2 modules; multiple inputs to the Sustain and Legato modules and PITCH input on the Slew Processor.
2. Gate to Trigger module now has outputs for an Inverted Gate on both channels – which is set to 0V when the input gate is on and 5V when the input gate is off.
3. Slew Processor: in addition to the default PITCH input to the module, some additional tuning on the knob behaviour and scaling to make it easier to work with very small timings (needed for audio processing).
Two New Modules
There are two new modules released as part of Release 5.1:
1. Poly Delayed LFO module (my first polyphonic module) that takes the ideas in the Delayed LFO and applies them for Polyphonic signals; and
2. CV Change Gate module which monitors the CV and generates a Trigger when it changes, with settings to limit the voltages it monitors and the amount of change needed.
1. Slew Processor: significant work on the slew module to remove glitches at high speed, enable audio processing and fix some incorrect behaviours.
2. Clock Generator: fix to gate width control which had been creating twice the expected width (bug introduced in R5 released May 2020). The preset import processing tries to adjust correctly for this (doubling the width knob setting when set to less than 50%, i.e. when actually less than 100%) but please note that this may affect some existing patches made in R5.
— END —